Help with MSYS based Windows building

From: David Bolack (dbolack@electricmulch.com)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 04:37:15 EDT

    This is my first attempt through and I'm getting this error.

    mkdir: cannot create directory
    `/n/abi/abi/src/MINGW32_1.0.8_i386_OBJ/obj/expat': No such file or directory

    Naturally, this is a manual easy fix, but as I'm very new at using msys,
    I'm a little ( lot? ) puzzled if this is a flaw in my setup or a flaw in
    the diving make. I did notice that for some reason that mkdir -p does
    not, in fact, make parent directories. I haven't yet examined the make
    files, but it *seems* to me that's probably why it failed.

    Am I misconfigured or is this a MSYS buglet?