Re: Will OASIS/XML format be supported?

From: M. Fioretti (m.fioretti@inwind.it)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 13:40:09 EDT

    On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 21:42:14 at 09:42:14PM -0400, william.lachance@sympatico.ca (william.lachance@sympatico.ca) wrote:
    > > I think Dom's covered this topic quite well, but just to give another specific example of a format difference that (just about) everyone can relate to:
    > >
    > > In AbiWord, margins are a section property. In OpenOffice.org, margins are a paragraph property. It's an open question which one is better (I prefer the AbiWord implementation, personally): but the fact remains that you can't map one representation onto another seamlessly (from abw->sxw, you have to keep track of margin state, and set it for each paragraph, from sxw->abw, you have to keep track of margin state, and create a new section whenever it changes).

    Excellent point, thanks.

    > contact myself, dom, or this list if you want an idea of what needs to be done)
    I'll insert this request in the article.

            Ciao,
                    Marco Fioretti

    --
    Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

    "The SUN TROPIC beauty farm reopens today: featuring exotic swimming pools, and, under the palm trees, **UVA lamps**" (unluckily for humankind, a REAL ad that I read in a real magazine)