(no subject)

From: Bill K (titanic2394@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 17:27:16 EDT

    Bill Kaser, Courtney Linn, and I have spent the last 16 weeks in an Advanced
    Technical Writing course at the University of South Florida. One of our
    class projects was to create a user-centered, task-oriented tutorial for
    AbiWord. We are one of three groups assigned to submit such a tutorial.

    Our cross-platform tutorial is valuable for those users who are not using
    proprietary software such as Microsoft Word. Not only does this tutorial
    teach users the features and functions of the program, but it also teaches
    them how to use these features and functions to create common documents.

    We replicated the AbiWord icons, menus, dialogs, and interface in order to
    assist the user to become familiar with the program. You'll notice we
    incorporated the AbiSource color scheme so that the tutorial appears to be a
    part of the AbiSource module. In order to make this tutorial more
    user-friendly, we provided some visual cues. For consistency, readability,
    coherence, and compatability we used Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). CSS also
    allows for other developers to make design changes easily. To demonstrate
    the flexibility of CSS, we are supplying two additional links that contain
    the same tutorial using alternate style sheets.

    Please consider the following tutorial for use as the official AbiWord
    tutorial: http://helios.acomp.usf.edu/~tworth/tutorial/index.html

    Thank you for your consideration.

    Sincerely,

    Bill Kaser