AbiWord Tutorial Available

From: Bill K (titanic2394@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 22:11:59 EDT

    Bill Kaser, Courtney Linn, and I have spent the last 16 weeks in an
    Advanced Technical Writing course at the University of South
    Florida. One of our class projects was to create a user-centered,
    task-oriented tutorial for AbiWord. We are one of three groups
    assigned to submit such a tutorial.

    Our cross-platform tutorial is valuable for those users who are not
    using proprietary software such as Microsoft Word. Not only does
    this tutorial teach users the features and functions of the program,
    but it also teaches them how to use these features and functions to
    create common documents.

    We replicated the AbiWord icons, menus, dialogs, and interface in
    order to assist the user to become familiar with the program.
    You'll notice we incorporated the AbiSource color scheme so that the
    tutorial appears to be a part of the AbiSource module. In order to
    make this tutorial more user-friendly, we provided some visual cues.
    For consistency, readability, coherence, and compatability we used
    Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). CSS also allows for other developers
    to make design changes easily. To demonstrate the flexibility of
    CSS, we are supplying two additional links that contain the same
    tutorial using alternate style sheets.

    Please consider the following tutorial for use as the official
    AbiWord tutorial: http://helios.acomp.usf.edu/~tworth/tutorial/index.html

    Thank you for your consideration.

    Sincerely,

    Bill Kaser