OTS - how it works!

From: Nadav Rotem (nadavrotem@mail.ru)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 11:40:48 EDT

    Last week some guy on gnomedesktop.org decided that
    because he did some QA (wtf?) work on Abiword he can
    throw mud at Enchant and OTS. Its really easy to talk
    out of your ass when you are known as Anonymous.

    This guy decided for some reason that because OTS uses
    'word count' as one of its parameters then it is not as
    advanced as some of the other summarizers.

    >From publications I read I can tell you that I am happy
    with the methods that we use. Try to use the text summarizer
    in Office 97 and tell me if you think that what they do a
    better job.

    I decided to write this article to describe how OTS really works.

    You will need a background in graph theory
    http://www.utm.edu/cgi-bin/caldwell/tutor/departments/math/graph/glossary.html

    The Tutorial:
    http://www.abisource.com/lxr/source/ots/doc/ots_how_it_works.zabw

    -Nadav