Re: fonts on Unix: where are they?

From: Raphael Finkel (raphael@cs.uky.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 20:35:42 EDT

    > AbiWord on Unix actually knows < 0 about locating,
    > FontConfig. Which means that FontConfig on box A is
    > probably set up slightly differently than FontConfig
    > on box B.

    Thanks for the tip. That is exactly what was happening:

    FontConfig looks at configuration in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf, which points
    to /usr/share/fonts, which has different contents on box A (lots of
    stuff) and B (practically nothing).

    I'll add this information to my personal "how to's for translators". It
    might be useful for AbiWord documentation to point out something about
    fonts on Unix.

    Raphael