Re: N.B. Microsoft Hidden Text, Oops bad (mentioned in Cryptogram)

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 14:37:50 EDT

    I failed to notice that Slashdot picked up a New Scientist article on the
    same subject.
    http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/08/15/2042249

    I am surprised Simon Byers used antiword and catdoc rather than wvware
    While I am at it I may as well link directly to his report,
    http://www.user-agent.org/word_docs.pdf
    which is yet another example of a some one failing to use the internet
    properly and neglecting to provide html or even text and instead only
    providing a PDF document. I recently read an article which pointed out
    how annoying this is and now I cannot get help getting annoyed about it.

    Sincerely

    Alan Horkan
    http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/