Re: Viruses in email

From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 21:33:20 EDT

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Raphael Finkel wrote:

    > In the last hour, three messages have been sent to this mailing list
    > that contain a likely virus. They all have attachments with names like
    > your_document.pif. The senders were (apparently)
    >
    > kenneth@gnu.org
    > kenny@holyrood.ed.ac.uk
    > MPritchett@attglobal.net
    >
    > Raphael

    Raphael -

    Please review the headers. I did not send any viruses. My e-mail is
    being spoofed. The IP addresses the mails originated from are not mine
    (user ARPC165 from arpc165.epfl.ch and PC9 from 202.177.153.161). In
    addition, I do not use Outlook Express 6.0.

    I apologize if the e-mails have caused you any problems and wish a world
    of hurt on the originator.

    Cheers!

    Michael D. Pritchett