Re: [ADMIN] New list policy

From: ericzen (ericzen@EZ-NET.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 14:31:34 EDT

    On 2003.08.20 07:40 Hubert Figuiere wrote:

    > Starting a few minutes ago, I'll enforce the following policy:
    >
    > HTML e-mail will be rejected from the server.
    >
    > I filter out the following MIME types:
    >
    > multipart/alternative
    > multipart/related
    > text/html

    I know you're very anti-html email (most of us are!), but I was wondering, if after this viral flurry is over, would it be possible for an automated message to be sent to HTML senders that if they want the message to meet the list, it should be resent as plain text?

    I know it's not often, but I'd hate to read from someone (even though they failed to read the list ettiquette...which is where, again?) that they think we're all a bunch of big meanies because we didn't even acknowledge the existence of their message (their point of view, remember).

    > To filter out the virus, I added a few other rules.
    >
    > Please, don't reply to the list (Reply-To: field set)

    Control-L nolonger an option? I'm just saying (very Alan-like, today) that this would be ironic, after three goes this year of explaining this issue.

    Note to Twikists: Update!

    -Eric