[Fwd: Gypsython]

From: Mauro Colorio (linuxbox@interfree.it)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 06:11:35 EDT

    If someone interested to contribute..:)

    ciao
    Mauro
    p.s. I dunno if I'll have time to follow this, but I'll try

    attached mail follows:

    Hi Mr. Colorio !

    Let me quickly introduce myself. Besides being a Medical student from Germany
    I am heavily involved with the GNUmed project. If you care to visit our
    website you could find out that GNUmed is a software aimed at doctor's
    offices. We are a truly international project with people in different
    countries.

    Well we program in python, wxpython , and wxWindows as GUI toolkit for reasons
    of cross-platform availability. Anyhow besides being actively involved in
    hacking I am also kind of the one who tries to set up connections.

    Since most of us are doctors ( or students) we concentrate on the medical core
    of GNUmed. You can easily guess that therefore there is little time to dig
    into special projects like chipcard handling, scripting Abiword etc.

    So far I have established good connections to people who are good in their
    respective field. I can only guess but your posting at the abiword
    mailinglist told me that you are the person to talk to about GNUmed / Abiword
    interaction. So far whenever we approached someone we have articulated well
    expressed whishes and fellow developers have told me that because we clearly
    define what we would like it is really easy to contribute to GNUmed.

    Anyhow, just in case you are still reading I would like to know if you would
    be willing to aid us in the process of getting a connection between GNUmed an
    Abiword. What we are looking for is a way to generate letters of referral
    from physician to physician with Abiword. Ideally with the push of a button
    within GNUmed we would go through a patient's health record and genrate a
    letter from what we find (ECG, lab results, etc.) Hopefully you get the
    picture.

    Well despite our constant effort GNUmed is not yet in a state where this
    functionality is immediatly needed. I would like to know if you or someone
    you know is willing to contribute at all. I do not want to exploit anybody
    but I honestly believe this can be accomplished much easier by people who
    know Abiword a lot better than I do.

    This functionality would not only benefit us but other medical projects as
    well.

    best regards,
    Sebastian Hilbert
    www.gnumed.org