Re: 2.0.2 release?

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 06:22:52 EST

    On dim, 2003-11-30 at 12:09, msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:

    > >> The performance bugs like 5880 are being addressed in CVS HEAD, since
    > >> fixing them is potentially unstablizing.
    > >
    > > Are they going to be backported at some stage?
    > >

    > I'll leave that to Hub's excellent judgement. Early in current cycle I was
    > in favour of backporting some speed improvement fixes. Hub objected and it
    > turned out that there were some serious issues with that code.
    >
    > So I'm very happy to leave that judgement to Hub.
    >
    > However I also to want to point out we're only 4 months away from our
    > projected 2.2.0 release so it's not like users will have to wait too long
    > anyway.

    Martin,

    Thanks for the hot potato.

    The short reply is: we won't.

    The long reply is: if someone provide a complete patch that we can test
    pretty well, I'm ok to apply it.

    Unlikely to be in 2.0.2 anyway.

    Hub

    --
    "<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping,
    it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it