Re: some explanations about revisions and related stuff

From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr_at_lazerware.com)
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 17:06:05 EST

    At 8:41 PM +0000 12/14/03, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
    >Yes, there is accept command and it does completely remove that
    >revision marking from the document.

            Excellent...

    > However, just as in Word you can
    >choose not to see revisions when they are present (you see what the
    >doc would look like if the revisions were accepted).

            And it sounds like your change about an alert (etc.) sounds good...

    > > Every time you save, the version number should be increased...
    >
    >I am not convinced about this.

            I am ;).

            Why shouldn't it increase the version number? You just
    edited the document, therefore it's a new version of the document.

            Think of "Save" as the equivalent of a "cvs checkin".

    >Sure. I did not explain the details of how it works; each version
    >record contains also a random number and we compared UID, version and
    >the random numbers.

            What random number algorithm are you using ? Have you
    considered a one of the ones for cryptographic purposes?

    Leonard

    Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:leonardr_at_lazerware.com>
                          			     <http://www.lazerware.com>