AbiWord better than MS Wordpad openning a .doc

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms_at_1407.org)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 06:00:35 EST

    Hi,

      Apparently, Microsoft's Wordpad crashes while opening a document
    listing the changes on Windows XP Service Pack 2

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/winxpsp2.asp

    Even though I met some asserts, I was able to load the document with
    AbiWord CVS HEAD just fine.

    Not that I'm interested in the document per se, but since Wordpad
    crashed, I thought it would be a nice experiment, and thought you'd find
    it funny to know :)

    Hugs, Rui

    + So let's do it...?

    Please AVOID sending me WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html