Impending commit: ubiquitous layout units

From: Patrick Lam (plam@plam.lcs.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 22:51:15 EST

    Hi all,

    I'm just about ready to commit a big honkin' layout patch. But I'm
    not going to commit it tonight, because Dom asked me to write a detailed
    commit message. Instead, I'm going to try to write it early tomorrow
    morning -- failing that, I'll write it tomorrow evening, and commit
    then.

    Here's a URL to the patch.

    http://plam.lcs.mit.edu/~plam/big.honking.layout.patch

    Layout units aren't completely ubiquitous yet - there's still
    BlockLayout that we forgot to do, I think. But I don't know of any huge
    problems with this patch anymore. I'm happy with it.

    Dom: We were having a problem due to a wrong rounding algorithm in tdu.
    Such a simple function, so many problems.

    pat