I can't build from source. Could anybody help?

From: besnik bleta (besnikbleta@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 10:07:07 EST

    I've been trying many times to build, updating my local source files,
    contacting some of you, but I still can't built a Windows distribution. All
    those times I tried using MinGW, as I don't have MSVC.
    I never had the chance to test my translation. My programming knowledge in
    any given language is a great ZERO, so I need help either on building based
    on the latest source code or providing an setup.exe file working with
    sq-AL.strings file.
    (I was sent a screenshot of AbiWord for Linux working with sq-AL.)

    Anybody could help?

    I'm including the error message I continuosly get from MinGW when trying to
    execute make distribution:

    /c/Abiroot/abi
    $ make distribution
    Building AbiSuite with [ABI_ROOT=/c/Abiroot/abi]
    make ABI_ROOT=/c/Abiroot/abi -C src
    make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Abiroot/abi/src'
    Building on [MINGW32] with [LicensedTrademarks:Off Debug:Off BiDi:LTR
    Pango:Off XML:expat Pspell:Off Scripting:Off].
    make ABI_ROOT=/c/Abiroot/abi -C config build
    make[2]: Entering directory `/c/Abiroot/abi/src/config'
    Building on [MINGW32] with [LicensedTrademarks:Off Debug:Off BiDi:LTR
    Pango:Off XML:expat Pspell:Off Scripting:Off].
    make ABI_ROOT=/c/Abiroot/abi -C require build
    make[3]: Entering directory `/c/Abiroot/abi/src/config/require'
    Building on [MINGW32] with [LicensedTrademarks:Off Debug:Off BiDi:LTR
    Pango:Off XML:expat Pspell:Off Scripting:Off].
    make ABI_ROOT=/c/Abiroot/abi -C xp build
    make[4]: Entering directory `/c/Abiroot/abi/src/config/require/xp'
    Building on [MINGW32] with [LicensedTrademarks:Off Debug:Off BiDi:LTR
    Pango:Off XML:expat Pspell:Off Scripting:Off].
    Found expat in peer directory
    checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
    checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
    checking for ranlib... :
    checking for gcc... no
    checking for cc... no
    configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
    make[5]: Entering directory `/c/Abiroot/expat'
    make[5]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    make[5]: Leaving directory `/c/Abiroot/expat'
    make[4]: *** [_EXPAT_] Error 2
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/Abiroot/abi/src/config/require/xp'
    make[3]: *** [build] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/c/Abiroot/abi/src/config/require'
    make[2]: *** [build] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Abiroot/abi/src/config'
    make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Abiroot/abi/src'
    make: *** [compile] Error 2

    Thanks in advance
    besnik