Commit: some help work; RFP

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 16:07:47 EST

    So I removed the extensions from the help file strings
    in the source. The strings are properly appended
    (.html or <soon> .dbk) by the localizeUrl method
    before opening them in the help viewer.

    Here's my RFP:

    I want to remove the HTML help files from the abi
    source tree. They're derived copies of the ABW content
    in the abiword-docs tree.

    I don't want to remove the help files from an EXE,
    RPM, DEB, ... installation process necessarily. I'd
    like the help files to be in the package, or for there
    to be an abiword-help RPM or similar installer

    I want to do this so that I can separately package
    DocBook versions of the help files for use by the
    Gnome help viewer, Yelp. I need to do this because:

    a) Files be styled by the gnome stylesheets
    b) Files will be searchable
    c) Need to install in a different location than under
    AbiSuite-2.0
    d) Our HTML files as-is hang Yelp terribly badly

    So if people are horribly opposed to this AND have
    suggestions or alternatives, I'm willing to hear them.
    This could also work, for instance, on Win32 so we can
    save as RTF/HLP files, which could be useful too.

    Thanks,
    Dom

    CVS:
    CVS: Enter Log. Lines beginning with `CVS:' are
    removed automatically
    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: src/af/xap/unix/xap_UnixFrameImpl.cpp
    CVS: src/af/xap/xp/xap_Dlg_FileOpenSaveAs.cpp
    CVS: src/af/xap/xp/xap_Dlg_FontChooser.cpp
    CVS: src/af/xap/xp/xap_Dlg_Insert_Symbol.cpp
    CVS: src/af/xap/xp/xap_Dlg_Language.cpp
    CVS: src/af/xap/xp/xap_Dlg_PluginManager.cpp
    CVS: src/af/xap/xp/xap_Dlg_Print.cpp
    src/af/xap/xp/xap_Dlg_Zoom.cpp
    CVS: src/af/xap/xp/xap_FrameImpl.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Background.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Break.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Columns.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Field.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_FormatFootnotes.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_FormatTable.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Goto.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_HdrFtr.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_InsertBookmark.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_InsertHyperlink.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Insert_DateTime.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Lists.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_New.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Options.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_PageNumbers.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_PageSetup.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Paragraph.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Replace.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Spell.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Styles.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Tab.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_ToggleCase.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_WordCount.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp
    CVS: