RE : abiword with recent Xft

From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (e98cuenc@free.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 16:09:48 EST

    Robert wrote:

    > I'm using abiword-cvs (gtk2 version) in a gnome2-unstable
    > environment. This works fine when using libXft.so from
    > fontconfig.org's fcpackage.2_0.tar.gz After upgrading to
    > libXft.so from fcpackage.2_1.tar.gz trying to launch abiword
    > results in
    >
    > [robert@mostpress robert]$ abiword
    > /opt/g2-dep/share/AbiSuite-2.0/AbiWord/bin/AbiWord_d:
    > relocation error:
    > /opt/gnome2/lib/libXft.so.2: undefined symbol:
    > XRenderQuerySubpixelOrder [robert@mostpress robert]$

    That means that libXft.so.2 is not able to find where is it the symbol
    XRenderQuerySubpixelOrder, so I guess that your XRender is too old. Did
    you compiled and installed the XRender sources that come with the
    fcpackage?

    (btw, that's not related at all with abiword, you will have the same
    problem with any xft program)

    Cheers,