Re: Commit: Mucho more XIM work

From: David Chart (linux@dchart.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 16:23:44 EST

    On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 01:40, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > Please continue to test
    > this and send patches and results TO THE LIST.

    This is definitely improved. The focus bug is definitely fixed, and I
    can get Japanese input. I'm also not seeing the double typing that
    Raphael's reporting.

    Problems: I still don't get kinput2's little window. This is important,
    because there are usually several possible characters for each sound in
    Japanese, generally with completely different meanings, and this window
    is where you choose. At the moment, I seem to be stuck with the default
    one.

    If I quit with kinput2 active, Abi crashes on exit.

    (AbiWord_d:14077): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1290
    (g_object_ref): assertion `object->ref_count > 0' failed
    DEBUG: Oh no - we just crashed!
    /home/Archive/bin/bin/AbiWord-2.0: line 28: 14077
    Aborted (core dumped) $ABISUITE_LIBEXEC/AbiWord_d "$@"

    That might not be our fault, looking at the report.

    I'm very impressed. Thanks for all your work, Dom.

    --
    David Chart
    http://www.dchart.demon.co.uk/