commit: More Footnote bug fixes.

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 18:53:59 EST

    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp text/fmt/xp/fl_DocLayout.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_DocLayout.h text/fmt/xp/fl_DocListener.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_FootnoteLayout.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_FootnoteLayout.h text/fmt/xp/fp_Page.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fp_Run.cpp text/fmt/xp/fp_TextRun.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp text/ptbl/xp/pt_PT_InsertObject.cpp
    CVS: text/ptbl/xp/pt_PT_InsertSpan.cpp
    CVS:
    Lots of bug fixes for footnotes. Can now have two footnotes in the same
    line. Other fixes, lots more bug fixes needed.

    In particular footnotes inserted into justfied paragraphs screw up the
    paragraphs.

    The symptom is that if you type in footnote embedded in a justfied
    paragraph, the text inside the justfied paragraph is screwed up past the
    footnote reference.

    A Kludge would be to collapse and rebuild the Justfied paragraph every
    time the size of the footnote changes but I hope we can be cleverer than
    that.

    Unfortunately I don't understand the Justfication code but from reading
    through it I can see there is a lot of code that make use of blockoffsets.

    These offsets, together with charwidths are all adjusted when the embedded
    footnote is changed. Clearly there is something in Justfied text runs
    that needs to be adjusted too.

    Can someone give me some help with this?

    Cheers!

    Martin