Re: AbiWord's printing architecture

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 17:08:23 EST

    > I am still undecided on what the best approach
    > is, but it strikes me as stupid that so many
    > Linux projects waste time on writing yet
    > another variant combining Xft, FriBidi and
    > PS with subsetting. I think Linux would look
    > (well, print) better with a PangoPS library.

    Actually, that library is called gnome-print 2.2,
    which works quite well, and doesn't have the "200
    gnome dependencies" that you mention. In fact, other
    than libxml2,I don't think that it has any
    dependencies that GTK 2.0 doesn't have... Don't be too
    confused by its name. If this was my call, I'd tell
    you to contribute to an existing, working project
    rather than suffer from another case of NIH
    syndrome...

    Regards,