How to write a plugin?

From: Raphael Finkel (raphael@cs.uky.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 13:39:59 EST

    1. Is there any document on how to write an AbiWord plugin? I have so far
    failed to get an XIM (X-Windows input method) to talk to gtk+ applications
    like AbiWord, so I would like to consider getting the same behavior by
    building a plugin.

    2. I can't even get an existing plugin to work. I grabbed libAbiWikipedia
    and placed both the .so and .la files in
    /usr/local/share/AbiSuite-2.0/AbiWord/plugins, but when I try to activate this
    plugin, nothing happens; I get an error message:

            undefined symbol: UT_UCS_strlen

    Maybe I have a version of -lbz2 that is too old (version 1.0.0)?

    Raphael