Re: Problems with RH9 rpp

From: ericzen (ericzen@ez-net.com)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 19:06:46 EDT

    Forgot to send the first part; ending in second part:

    ----------------
    ----Part I------
    ----------------

    On 2003.06.02 11:15 Petr Tomasek wrote:

    > I had a problem with the RH9 rpm's of abiword 1.9.1: It was
    > overwritten with the latest stable abiword by up2date.
    >
    > Someone told me this is due to a different 'epoche' number in
    > rpm's (the one from RH9 has higher).
    >
    > Would it be possible to fix this for further releases?

    Hi Petr,

    I'm not going to be all, "I get RH's line of thought," but this seems confusing. The binaries for the Developers' builds should be in a completely different folder. My theory (THEORY!) is that the binary is still on your system under /usr/share with a link in /usr/bin

    ----Part II-----