Re: [RFC] Proposed AbiWord preferences dialog mockup

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 11:08:40 EDT

    Hi Chris,

    I'd appreciate it if you would remove these following
    controls from the dialog, as they've been deprecated
    or we currently lack the ability to alter them (and
    thus they shouldn't be in the preferences dialog).
    Some of these will probably be re-added in the future,
    but for now, I'd like to KISS:

    Spelling->Ignore Internet and File Addresses
    Spelling->Listing/Editing/Clearing ignored words
    Spelling->Custom Dictionary
    Other->*Preferences Schemes
    Document->Show All Text
    Document->Show Hidden text

    I'd like you to add these controls not present on the
    Unix version, but present on Win32:

    Document->RTL text layout->Auto-insert direction
    markers [checkbox]

    I'm also not sure about our only having a "Close"
    button. It might also be useful to have a "Reset" or
    "Return to Defaults" button, or a "Cancel" button
    since we don't follow the instant apply HIG
    recommendation, and probably won't until AbiWord 2.2
    at the earliest.

    Other than that, this looks a *lot* better than what
    we have now. Great job.

    Thanks,
    Dom