Re: Serious bug in cofigure script for Aiksaurus-1.0

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 19:13:48 EDT

    On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 22:00, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > On 12 Jun 2003, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > This is not serious.
    > > fjf explained that the scripts automatically remove core files if found.
    > > Since there's the core directory and removing core is not done
    > > recursively (-r) then rm does not remove (but display a rather
    > > frightfull message) and neither fails.
    > Well on my machine it deleted the directory and all contents. Anyway I
    > wasn't holding up the release because of it. I just throught it rather
    > amusing. Spend all that time configuring a directory only to delete it
    > just before using it.

    Something's wrong over there, then. rm -f does not delete directories.
    Did you check if you have some weird alias with rm ? Or are your auto*
    tools not what's on stock RH9?

    > When I type "make" the build the stopped on the first line.

    yes, naturally.. without core/ :)

    Hugs, Rui

    + So let's do it...?

    Please AVOID sending me WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html