Re: Re: Any MSVC developers who build binaries?

From: danglassey@ntlworld.com
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 09:17:39 EDT

    > From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere@teaser.fr>
    > Date: 2003/06/18 Wed PM 12:05:42 GMT
    > To: Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
    > CC: abiword-dev@abisource.com
    > Subject: Re: Any MSVC developers who build binaries?
    >
    > According to Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>:
    > > Hi Folks,
    > > Are there any MSVC hackers left here? Is there anybody who can build a
    > > 1.99.1 binary? It would be great to get plugins too.
    >
    > That raise another question: shouldn't we switch to build with MinGW32
    > as it looks like it is mature ?
    > Just wondering. I'd really like to switch to free compilers whenever
    > possible (not talking about dropping MSVC support)

    Hi Hub,
    I haven't checked out the latest mingw gcc and binutils but I think I heard somewhere that it now supports exporting things from .exes which afaiu is what we need to use plugins with mingw.

    It would be cool if someone could check that out, Valentine? (though I may get to it if I start playing with mingw and gnumeric)

    Regards,
    Daniel