Re: CMS publishing from AbiWord (fwd)

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 12:22:00 EDT

    Last email from Paul Everitt.

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:27:21 +0200
    From: Paul Everitt <paul@zope-europe.org>
    To: Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
    Cc: tech@oscom.org
    Subject: Re: CMS publishing from AbiWord

    On Friday, Jun 20, 2003, at 17:19 Europe/Paris, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > Hi Paul,
    > OK, it's clear I'm out of depth at this point. I'm by no means a
    > web-dav hacker. I had thought to write a plugin for abiword send
    > either a
    > HTML or some other file to a location specificied by the user. I had no
    > idea of these extra subtleties.

    There's a bit of experience needed, but it shouldn't be too bad. The
    good news is that the important use cases will remain fairly
    straightforward.

    > Thanks very much for the link to nemo. It may be worthwhile to
    > concentrate
    > on just using that rather than gnome-vfs.

    I checked earlier today, and it appears that Nautilus (thus gnome-vfs)
    doesn't do digest authentication. Sigh.

    We're setting that up in the next few days at oscom.org.

    > As I intimated earlier, it is very easy for us to add UI to save to a
    > particular web-location. I plan to write that within a week or two. I
    > may
    > require lots of help on sorting out the correct invocation of the
    > protocol.

    No problem at all.

    > Do you mind if I copy these emails to the abiword-dev list? I think the
    > AbiWord community would be very interested in this application of
    > abiword
    > and there may well be more people there who can help.

    Sure, please do. Let's keep the conversation going!

    BTW, how's work going on an OS X version? :^)

    --Paul