Re: [RFC] Proposed AbiWord preferences dialog mockup, 2nd attempt

From: Jordi Mas (jmas@softcatala.org)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 17:04:34 EDT

    > gross oversimplification but based on user behaviour it should be possible
    > to determine which directory they want to use as their template directory.
    > The first time you run abiword the default should be set to somewhere
    > sensible.

    In Windows, there is the "My documents" folder. It should be the default.

    > If you then choose a template from a different directory the path should
    > be set to that directory.

    Not all the users will want their new documents created in the same place that
    they have the template. It may be true for some users, but definitly not all.

    But this is just my opinion, we should do whatever is better for all users.

    Jordi,

    --

    Jordi Mas i Hernāndez - Abiword developer - http://www.abisource.com jmas@softcatala.org - Softcatalā member - http://www.softcatala.org - Personal Homepage http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas