Re: commit (HEAD): glyph related stuff

From: tomasfrydrych@yahoo.co.uk
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 08:15:55 EDT

    > Hmm the default seems to be to return true. I went throught about 20 MS
    > Word fonts and finally found one where it was present. It looks pretty
    > cool when the ligature is available.

    I just had a look at the screen shot, and the only explanation I have for
    the circle is that the ligature is used, the glyph _is_ in the font), but the
    ligature placeholder is not removed from the string before draw. Now
    the removal is done in XP code (FP_TextRun::_stripLigatures() I think),
    so this really should not be happening -- is your fp_TextRun.cpp up to
    date?

    You might want to also try the 'ff' combiantion, which is not found in MS
    fonts, so if you use one of those font, you should be just getting 2 x 'f' if
    the GR_UnixFontHandle::doesGlyphExist() works.

    Tomas