Re: Should we force GNOME dependency?

From: Robert G. Werner (robert@inreachtech.net)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 01:42:41 EDT

    M. Fioretti wrote:
    [snip]
    > Speaking as an end user, that would be an excellent way to kill any
    > interest in AbiWord from everybody unable to afford or stand the
    > slowness, HW requirement and general bloat of Gnome, KDE or
    > OpenOffice.org.
    [snip]
    I will have to second this with the information that Abiword (Gtk+_
    runs really nicely on my Pentium 2 300 at work. I'm using it to read
    and write Word docs as needed by my other unfortunate coworkers.
    Still some extra redraws but that is to be expected. All in all it is
    looking very nice and is quite reasonable on such a low powered machine.

    --
    In Reach Technology:    http://inreachtech.net/

    Robert G. Werner robert@inreachtech.net

    Tel: 559.304.5122 2001/9/11

    No guest is so welcome in a friend's house that he will not become a nuisance after three days. -- Titus Maccius Plautus