Re: xft dependency on OS X?

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 02:45:39 EST

    On samedi, mars 1, 2003, at 02:43 Europe/Paris, Seth Delackner wrote:

    > I'm trying to build from CVS, and it hiccups in
    > src/af/xap/unix/xap_UnixFontManager.h because I don't have fontconfig.
    > Fink
    > doesn't have a fontconfig package, and the source release of
    > fontconfig fails
    > to build because of some unacceptable '-Wl,h' argument to the linker.

    I could not solve this one either.

    > How are
    > other mac people building? I tried building the Cocoa build, which
    > died. I
    > tried the Carbon build, ditto. I'm left with the X build, but man the
    > dependencies are taking me forever to get rid of.

    Carbon build will be killed sometime in the future. It has been
    dropped. Cocoa build works fine. What errors are you having ?
    You might want to checkout abipbx and pbx modules that are
    ProjectBuilder projects to build AbiWord and related framework. Note:
    the result is still not functionnal at least for normal use.

    Hub