Re: Commit: some of Larin's work

From: Larin Hennessy (larin@science.oregonstate.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 17:52:51 EST

    Thanks for taking the time to review the patches.

    Sorry for the mess up. A new patch is attached for Applix. I am in the
    process of
    redoing the xhtml patch now.

    Just so I understand the policy, extranous white space at the end of
    files should
    not be deleted? Also, what about reformating character lists? In
    particular, the
    wordperfect/ie_imp_WordPerfect.cpp file has an array: char magic[192] that
    seems like it should be formated into a readable list. I would like to
    submit
    my fixups to the wordperfect directory as soon as I can get libwpd to
    compile
    for testing. If I should leave that array looking the way it is I would
    like to know
    before I submit the patch.

    At present it reads:

            ...(char)0x00, (char(0x55),...

    and in many cases the line wraps multiple times due to line liengths in
    excess of
    200 characters.

    I would like to arrange things so that it becomes:

            static_cast<char>(0x00).
            static_cast<char>(0x55),

    Especially when you change (char) to static_cast<char> things would get even
    messier in the origional format.

    I am willing to keep the old format, if preferred, but it seems almost
    unreadable
    presently. Also, there are extra ^M characters, and I can not figure
    out why they
    exist. They are not individual entries in the table, but at the end of
    certain lines.
    As an example:

        ...(char)0x4E, ^M
        (char)0x25, (char)0x00,...

    I believe they should be elimintated, but I wanted to make sure.

    -Larin