Translation issues (see 4664 thread)

From: Raphael Finkel (raphael@cs.uky.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 09:49:07 EST

    We can expect msgfmt to find one "fatal error" in all correctly formatted .po
    files in the first 100 or so lines. The original English message is "% of
    normal size". Msgfmt assumes that this is a format string, and the % is a bad
    format specifier. No matter what you use in your translation, msgfmt will
    complain. I have learned to ignore this false positive; a better solution will
    most likely be to change the message to say "%% of normal size".

    Raphael