right-to-left translations

From: Raphael Finkel (raphael@cs.uky.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 15:34:37 EST

    I just discovered this goodie, and I have added it to my personal "notes
    to translators".

    B.5. If Pelonian is written right-to-left (RTL) instead of LTR, you might need
    to put a directional marker such as u202b at the start of any message that
    includes non-RTL characters, such as periods, query marks, and numbers. But a
    better solution is to set the translation for the Gtk (not AbiWord) msgid
    "default:LTR" to be msgstr "default:RTL". This single setting modifies the
    "outer" directionality, influencing the position of widgets within containers
    and the default direction of all text.

    Raphael Finkel