Success - Thanks! (was) Re: Sample bonobo2 container.

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 04:27:57 EST

    On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Jason Hildebrand wrote:
    >

    > > Hi Martin,
    > >
    > > Attached is a small program which embeds an EOG (eye of gnome) control
    > > to display an image -- it's probably useful for your purposes. I hacked
    > > it together mostly from the EOG source code to learn how to do controls
    > > and UI merging, and I'm using a variation of it as a container for
    > > testing bonobo support in Vim.

    <snip>

    > > An extremely simple Makefile is also attached.
    >
    > Thanks VERY much James. This is exactly what I wanted. I recommend that
                       ^^^^^

    Doh! Sorry Jason :-(

    > this code be placed in the samples directory of libbonobo.

    Hi Jason,
            Thanks to your help we now have a mostly working Gnome-2 bonobo
    component :-)

    See:

    http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~msevior/abiword/abiControl-bonobo.png

    For AbiWord-2.0 embedded in a sample container. I'll post the code for the
    sample container after our abiword 1.1.4 release (due tomorrow) which will
    have this in it. I have some bugs to iron out connecting to the controls'
    property bag.

    Sounds like we should also swap notes on making Nautilus views too :-) I
    would like to embed AbiWord in Nautilus.