commit: abi: table property work

From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 06:02:50 EST

    my continuing crusade to get properties well-defined... I have been
    working on table/cell properties for the last couple of weeks, and
    particularly inheritance of cell properties from table properties, so for
    example you can set table background color to "pink" (although I accept
    this is a highly questionable choice of color) and all cells will become
    pink, unless you set their color to something non-transparent. Similarly
    for cell borders, although the defaults for cell-borders don't allow
    inheritance.

    TODO:
    - I'd like to work on adding style attributes to tables and cells that
      will make them stylable (sp?)
    - table formatting dialogs should be able to set table properties
    - table formatting dialogs should be able to set linestyle, color & width
      for each border, and should support "inherit" for cell properties

    BUGS:
    - highlighted text in colored table cells renders oddly, with the
      highlighting disappearing from time to time
    - I need to figure out how to remove properties via the change record

    o new signed-integer to UT_UTF8String map (untested atm) UT_IntStrMap
    o new property definition and handler class and subclasses PP_PropertyMap
    o fl_TableLayout: table/cell background/border property handling
    - border color defaults to value of "color" property
    - use of new PP_PropertyMap subclasses for property handling
    - lots of code-tidying as a result
    o fp_TableContainer: as above, also cell-from-table property inheritance
    - handle linestyles & colors in _drawLine method
    - always clear solid (if clearing at all)
    o ap_Dialog_FormatTable: awareness of background-color/bg-style/bgcolor
    o fp_Run: comment out updateHighlightColor method
    o fp_TextRun: don't assume page color is white
    - draw page background first then highlight color (if any)
    - "pNext->_getColorHL() != _getColorHL()" doesn't check transparency
    o fv_View_cmd: when inserting a table, set style="Normal" for paragraphs

    CVS:----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: src/af/util/Makefile src/af/util/xp/GNUmakefile.am
    CVS: src/af/util/xp/Makefile src/text/fmt/xp/fl_TableLayout.cpp
    CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_TableLayout.h src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Run.cpp
    CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Run.h src/text/fmt/xp/fp_TableContainer.cpp
    CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fp_TableContainer.h
    CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fp_TextRun.cpp src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View_cmd.cpp
    CVS: src/text/ptbl/xp/GNUmakefile.am src/text/ptbl/xp/Makefile
    CVS: src/text/ptbl/xp/pp_Property.h
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_FormatTable.cpp
    CVS: Added Files:
    CVS: src/af/util/xp/ut_IntStrMap.cpp src/af/util/xp/ut_IntStrMap.h
    CVS: src/text/ptbl/xp/pp_PropertyMap.cpp
    CVS: src/text/ptbl/xp/pp_PropertyMap.h

    Regards, Frank

    Francis James Franklin
    F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

    After we were introduced I noticed that both of them were carrying
    three-foot-long machetes. I hate hiking with convicts carrying machetes.

                                            - Susan Orlean, The Orchid Thief