Re: Howto change Tooltip at .po/.strings file

From: printf scanf (hornbill_dell@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 20:14:38 EST

     ya .....it's OK.I'm also don't know why.....But got a solution may be, I have done trace a file one by one and found that ap_TB_LabelSet_ms-MY.h doesn't have at my abiword/abi/src/wp/ap/xp/. I have done create one for it but my system still couldn't detect that file. As default it is still refer to the ap_TB_LabelSet_en-US.h.
    Question is ? How system can detect tooltip once we have for example string TOOLBAR_TOOLTIP_EDIT at .po or .strings file and another string at ap_TB_LabelSet_en-US.h file. ???? redundant right?
    Q2 what purpose we have/translate both string at ap_TB_LabelSet_*.h file and zz-ZZ.strings ?
    BTW, are you sure whether the tooltip displayed at your system was come from /strings/ms-MY.strings file or ap_TB_LabelSet_ms-MY.h ???? What is your comment ? sorry for that.
    Thanks for being a good friend and quite active too in our mailing list.
    See you again, regards
    -bill
     Raphael Finkel <raphael@cs.uky.edu> wrote: > Thanks for your responced to my email. Attached herewith is Malay version
    > (ms-MY.po) .po file for me to test it. Currently I'm using this file to test
    > my abiword source code. I'm only can see the menu bar translation into malay.
    > I've sent this thread to mailing list before but I think no proper solution.
    > If you manage display the tooltip on toolbar at you system meaning that my
    > system is something wrong.

    I am able to see all the tooltips as well as the menu bars in Malay when I use
    the ms-MY.po file you sent me. I don't know why this feature is failing for
    you. Sorry.

    Raphael