win32 head build to aid in testing or bug reports

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 07:50:30 EST

    Let me preface this with:
    This build is meant to aid in bug elimination (i.e. to
    gather more information from an end user), it should not
    be used as a substitute of the normal nightly build for
    tasks such as verifying if a bug is still there or if
    a new bug is available!
    ________________________

    Now available in my nightly section is a user-debug build.
    http://abiword.pchasm.org/abiword/builds/nightly/

    Before you ask, no this is not a DEBUG build (ABI_OPT_DEBUG=1)
    as that requires the debug c runtime library, which is not
    redistributable and if you have it then you can just build yourself.
    Also, I did not want to enable any DEBUG only code other than
    the DEBUGMSGs and ASSERTs.

    So what is it you ask? (well maybe not, but here's the answer anyway)
    All abi source is compiled with debug information enabled (see
    associated abiword.pdb file). You can view the DEBUGMSGs and
    ASSERTs are active. To view the DEBUGMSGs, simply run from a
    cmd prompt and pipe its stdout output to a file. e.g.

    C:\> cd "\Program Files\AbiSuite\AbiWord\bin"
    C:\Program Files\AbiSuite\AbiWord\bin\> AbiWord.exe > debugmsg.txt
    C:\Program Files\AbiSuite\AbiWord\bin\> write debugmsg.txt

    Please let me know if you want other changes to this build or
    if you feel that it should not be so publicly available.
    I've only tested on my development computer, but will try to
    test at least on a clean win98se build later today; so if you
    try it and have problems, please do let me know!

    Anyway I should go to bed as I need to get up in a hour. :-)

    Thanks,
    Jeremy
    jeremyd@computer.org