Re: state of bidi

From: severian@pobox.com
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 00:58:42 EDT

    Howdy,
       Since all my saved document are in rtf format in Windows and I want to
    move to a solution the will let me open them in FreeBSD, Linux or Windows,
    I have been trying to test Abiword 1.9. As best as I can tell RTF import
    is not usable. Documents take 10 to 20 minutes to open with the CPU pegged
    the whole time. This is true with every document I have tried. I used
    version 1.9 of AbiWord under SuSE 8.1 and Windows 98 and Windows 2000. Is
    version 1.9 the version I should be testing with?
    Thank you,
    Ralph