Re: commit (HEAD): rtf imp

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 06:20:16 EDT

    On Fri, 9 May 2003, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > On Fri, 9 May 2003, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
    >

    > > Hi Martin,
    > >
    > > I have had a quick look and reversing my changes back from 0 to 1 on
    > > lines 1122, 4255, 4257 and 4263 makes document 4111 import again. The
    > > latter three, I think are wrong, I misread the code there. However, I
    > > am pretty sure the initialisation at line 1122 needs to be to 0,
    > > because 1 results in a call to OpenTable even if there is no table in
    > > the document. I have now reversed the latter three changes leaving
    > > the first one, and 4111 still does not import.
    > >
    > > You might want to have a look at the rtf docs with bug 4473; if
    > > m_tableLevel is initialised to 1 the doc created with word XP and
    > > saved in XP rtf imports fine, but it triggers a superfluos call to
    > > OpenTable, as the DBG output shows. However, the doc created and
    > > saved in Word 97 rtf does not import correctly, as you will see when
    > > comparing it to the PNG provided: the paragraph breaks are inserted
    > > at wrong place. This is caused by the superfluous call to OpenTable()
    > > which in this case flushes the characters without inserting the
    > > paragraph. As neither of these documents contains tables, the call to
    > > OpenTable() seems to be a bug, and initialising m_tableLevel to 0
    > > eradicates it.
    > >
    > > I will not have time for looking into this further until Sunday
    > > evening.
    >
    > HI Tomas,
    > Thanks very much for your email. I will work on this for the next
    > day as I can spare the time.
    >
    > I actually did know about the superfluous call to open a table. I correct
    > for it later by deleting the strux if there was no table present. I had to
    > do things this way because of the way RTF allows table properties to be
    > defined either before or after \cell marker.
    >
    > This was one of the many challengesof getting RTF Tables imported.

    I'll have a look at those bugs. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.
    The bottom line of the issue is that RTF specifies the default value for
    itap to be 1 and there are docs that exploit that.

    My work around was to delete the strux's if there are no tables defined.

    I'll look at the docs and see if there could be another work around.

    Martin