Re: list formatting issues

From: William Lachance (william.lachance@sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 19:47:38 EDT

    On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 06:09, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

    > The second bit is character formatting information: this specifies
    > how the list number/bulet should be formatted, and I do not know what
    > to do with this. For now I have made the importer (_beginPara()) to
    > output it into a "props" attribute of the list, since this
    > information applies in Word to the entire list, not just the
    > paragraph, but this list attribute is not used. Could someone who
    > understands how AW lists work look into this so that the number
    > receives this formatting?

    Hi Tomas,

    Do you mean the characters around the number? This should be fairly
    easy. All you need to do is add a UTF8 string argument to the fl_AutoNum
    constructor. The formatting looks like this:
            "<before number text>%L<after number text>"

    Look at IE_Imp_WordPerfect::_updateDocumentOrderedListDefinition and
    IE_Imp_WordPerfect::defineOrderedListLevel in the WordPerfect plugin for
    example code. If you've got basic lists going, it shouldn't be difficult
    at all to implement. IMO, the WordPerfect filter (in HEAD) is probably
    the best "how-to" on AbiWord lists codes around, mostly because all the
    ugly stuff is in libwpd.

    BTW, it's good that the information applies to the entire list in Word,
    because AbiWord doesn't support anything else. ;-)

    --
    William Lachance <william.lachance@sympatico.ca>