Building under Linux on a FAT32 partition

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 22:54:52 EDT

    Here's a tricky question:

    I want to support both Windows and Linux builds from
    a single source tree. This way I can be 100% certain
    that any changes will work with multiple compilers and
    OSes and avoid getting two trees out of synch -
    especially since I lack live CVS access.

    I have my FAT32 partition mounted with UMASK set to
    allow read/write/execute permission for everybody yet
    building as a user fails. I think due to "cp -p"
    returning an error.
    Oddly, as root there is no error for this command and
    the build succeeds.
    I want to avoid building as root if at all possible.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com

    It's Samaritans' Week. Help Samaritans help others.
    Call 08709 000032 to give or donate online now at http://www.samaritans.org/support/donations.shtm