Re: Commit: Glade/HIG WordCount dialog

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 14:12:55 EDT

    On Sun, 25 May 2003, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

    > Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 09:28:02 -0700 (PDT)
    > From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz@yahoo.com>
    > To: AbiWord Developers <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
    > Subject: Commit: Glade/HIG WordCount dialog
    >
    > I think the dialog looks much nicer now. Of course, in
    > the spirit of the HIG, less is more...
    >
    > Shots of all my changed dialogs thus far attached.

    The encoding dialog has a lot of padding/dead space around the edges, and
    while I am pretty sure you are following the HIG exactly I think it would
    look better no to have the padding in this case or to have the box to the
    left of the Select Encoding label.

    I guess I need to ask about the HIG and find out rational behind the
    padding and when it would be acceptable not to slavishly follow the HIG.

    Alan Horkan
    http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/