Re: SCO diddly

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 19:01:56 EST

    On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 16:07, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > Eric - we can if they ship any of the following
    > products under different terms than they are licensed
    > under:
    >
    > Abi

    Well, they do (or did?) ship AbiWord with OpenLinux, see this press release for example: http://www.arsys-europe.com/Datasheets/Caldera/CLA%20OL%20WorkStation%203.1.1.pdf . _Assuming_ they still ship abiword in an OpenLinux version that is available for download under terms other than the GPL, they will be in violation of our terms.

    Now, assumptions don't really help us here, and to stop this thread from
    becoming a wild-spectulation-thread, we should discuss this issue
    further when someone can confirm they do in fact still ship Abi.

    Until that moment, there's nothing to see here.

    My 2 cents
      Marc