Re: Command line PDF/PNG export

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 12:19:08 EST

    Hi Michael,

    > I am pretty sure that this is already in there - at
    > least on Unix.
    > PNG support is built-in and for PDF, you can get PS
    > out directly and
    > send that to GS/PStill/etc.

    PNG "printing" support is not built in. Abi can,
    however, output PS/PDF pretty trivially right now from
    the command line:

    abiword --print=file.ps file.abw
    ps2pdf file.ps

    Of course, you could do something more sophisticated
    if we were all using GnomePrint. Abi supports the
    GnomePrint Bonobo interface. If you were to pass in a
    blank GnomePrintContext, you'd probably get out a nice
    PS/PDF/RGBA version of the document. Mind you, no-one
    has tested this in a while, since no-one knew where to
    house the GnomePrint Bonobo bits (In Bonobo? Nah, it
    doesn't depend on GnomePrint. In GnomePrint? Nah, it
    doesn't depend on any Gnome bits, let alone Bonobo).

    GnomePrint also has a RGBA/libart backend, which you
    could then translate into PNG/JPEG/whatever using
    gdk_pixbuf_save ().

    Hope this helps some,