Re: Command line PDF/PNG export

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 12:50:54 EST

    > I thought I remembered you adding support for
    > outputting to
    > raster formats from Abi...must have imagined it (or
    > it was another
    > project I'm associated with ;).

    You're mostly right. I did write a half-assed
    ImageMagick Graphics class. It never worked quite
    correctly, mostly due (IMO) to ImageMagick's font
    handling not being on-par with Abi's needs.

    > And you can, of course, also use Ghostscript to do
    > PS->PNG if you want.

    Indeed.

    In Abi, you can also have it pipe the printer output
    to a process. Typically, it looks like this:

    AbiWord --print='|lpr -PmyPrinter'

    Nothing is stopping you from instead doing something
    like:

    AbiWord --print='|ghostscript --to-png -out file.png'

    or whatever the relevant command might be.

    Cheers,