Re: 2.1.0 this week?

From: Ryan Pavlik (rpavlik_at_ryand.cjb.net)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 21:31:27 EST

    Martin Sevior wrote:

    >On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 10:21, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
    >

    >>According to msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>:
    >>

    >>>Given that Hub is on the verge getting the OSX port usable, I think it
    >>>makes sense for us to go for a fair bit of publicity on this release.
    >>>

    >>I never said that soon. I'm now at the stage I actually try to use it
    >>for real work and find to much things to do for it to be really
    >>usable. And the build system still does not a make a fink independant
    >>binary...
    >>So it not for public consumption.
    >>

    >OK fair enough. No OSX binaries for 2.1.0. That leaves Windows printing.
    >Anyone got any clues on how to make it work?
    >
    >Martin

    Not sure, but I'd just like to put in a plug here for fixing the
    printing size in Stable. I had to invoke the unholy Office 97 cd the
    other day for the rest of the family because they were sick of having to
    edit in 2.0.1 and print in 1.99.6.

    For the 2.1.0 windows printing, if you're talking about the itsybitsy
    print, it looks almost like it's printing dot for dot. On my
    high-resolution laser, the letters are far smaller than on my inkjet.
    Perhaps something isn't getting scaled?

    Wish I could be more help. If there's anything testing-wise you guys
    need, just let me know. I'm brushing up on my programming so I can go
    elbows-deep in the code, but for now I'm just a bug guy.

    Ryan