Re: [Fwd: [Patents] MS Office 2003 XML patented]

From: Javier F Serrador (franciscojavier.fernandez.serrador_at_hispalinux.es)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 23:42:55 EST

    Hubert Figuiere escribió:
    > According to Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com>:
    >
    >>Anyway, no sage advice from me yet - only a
    >>(potentially wrong) gut reaction. I'll have something
    >>more concrete sometime tomorrow.
    >

    > Me too: I have to go to the swimming pool. ;-)
    >
    > Hub

    Humm...

    I think that almost in EU it's not illegal "reverse ingeneering" for
    interoperability.

    If US law is so strict (and forbides importing that software) there
    should be a chance to non-US citizens to use that plugings.

    Also, this is a force-position to change US law (like criptography
    export ) by creating a competitive-disadvantege on the American side...