Re: Commit (HEAD): Bugs: 5894, 5980 - Fix PS printing

From: Martin Sevior (msevior_at_seviorpc.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 19:16:31 EST

    On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 10:17, Marc Maurer wrote:
    > This basically undo-es the Intant Print stuff, since we have no way
    > right now to fill the font list in the PS Graphics class, and we can't
    > simply move fonts from the 'current' graphics class to the PS graphics
    > class. When we find a solution to this problem, we can simply backout
    > this commit to get Super-Duper Print again.
    >
    > Marc

    OK. The instant print isn't as big a feature as instant zoom and it's
    screwing up Windows printing too.

    The layout classes now all do the right thing to allow instant printing
    so putting it back once these bugs are fixed isn't too hard.

    What do people think about making InstantPrint a GNOME-compile option?

    If you have a GNOME build we do Instant Print, otherwise we do the old
    print?

    BTW, printing odd-even pages is a much requested bug and pretty easy to
    implement.
    Just print odd pages or even pages witha small change to the GUI. Low
    hanging fruit for a lot of bug votes given.