Re: Ping: Patch bug5291e

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 17:56:17 EDT

    I Strongly dislike parts of this patch.

    It shouldn't be assumed that the 'const char *'
    constructor means that you want the string to be
    external. If anything, the default should be "always
    intern the string, unless explicitly specified
    otherwise."

    Yeah, this patch might speed some things up. But it
    muddies the UT_String class, so it's not going in.

    Give this another try, maybe using FJF's new String
    map instead of UT_StringPtrMap.

    Dom