[Fwd: Re: Test printing of the binary and report the results please.]

From: msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 11:12:28 EDT

    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Re: Test printing of the binary and report the results please.
    From: "Ben North" <ben@redfrontdoor.org>
    Date: Fri, October 10, 2003 11:47 pm
    To: <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>

    Hi Martin,

    > Thanks for trying the binary. Have you tested printing?
    > Does it work OK for you?
    >
    > Please report good or bad performance to the abiword-dev@abisource.com
    > list.

    I'm not subscribed to the list (I follow it on the web via the
    archive pages), so hope it's OK to reply to you instead.

    To test printing, I entered the following text as a single paragraph:

    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb ncccccccccccccc dddddddddddddddddddd
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    Then as a second paragraph, separated by a few linefeeds, entered:

    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb mcccccccccccccc dddddddddddddddddddd
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    The difference is that the third "word" begins with "n" in the first
    paragraph and "m" in the second. The attached screenshot shows the
    results when both paragraphs are set to "justified". The first
    paragraph fits all on one line; the second breaks onto two because of
    the slightly higher width of the "m" compared to the "n".

    When printed out, though, each paragraph appears on just one line. Can't
    attach a papershot :-)

    Hope this is helpful,

    Ben.

    abw.png